Call for Manuscripts
Metropolitan Universities journal is accepting full manuscripts for Issue 31.2 All In: The Urban Mission, Philadelphia Conference Issue. The issue is scheduled for publication in May 2020.
Nyeema Watson, associate chancellor for civic engagement at Rutgers University–Camden, and Jennifer Johnson Kebea, executive director of the Lindy Center for Civic Engagement at Drexel University, will serve as guest editors.
About the Conference
Institutions of higher education play major roles in strengthening the fabric of our communities. Across the CUMU membership, institutions are more closely aligning university goals with those of their city and achieving positive outcomes more quickly. By leveraging historical connections and existing strengths, they promote economic mobility, drive economic development, foster creativity, address societal challenges, and improve lives.
The 2019 CUMU Annual Conference, All In: The Urban Mission, asks CUMU members to reflect broadly and specifically on how the urban mission can be fully integrated, from real estate assets to college readiness pipeline programs, and into operations, structure, partnerships and academic objectives
Presentations will be identified by the following major themes:
- Urban Mission Integration
- Inclusive Real Estate Development
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Civic Engagement
- Local Purchasing Strategies
- Local Hiring and Workforce Development Programs
- College Access and Pipeline Models
- Innovation and Venture Creation
- Only presenters at the 2019 Annual Conference may submit for publication.
- Submissions should be prepared and submitted in accordance with the MUJ Editorial and Submission Guidelines.
- All presentation formats will be considered for inclusion. Submissions should take into account the outcomes of the presentations.
- Manuscripts should be clear and concise.
- Preference is given to those manuscripts that demonstrate innovation and impact and include perspectives across multiple institutions.
Complete manuscripts are due November 4, 2019.
Submit complete manuscripts following the MUJ Editorial and Submission Guidelines.