Call for Manuscripts
Metropolitan Universities journal is accepting full manuscripts for the upcoming 2018 Annual Conference Issue: Partnering for Equity. The issue is scheduled for publication in May 2019.
Beatriz Gonzalez, PhD, Vice Provost & Chief Diversity Officer at University of La Verne, and Howard Rosing, PhD, Executive Director of the Steans Center at DePaul University, will serve as guest editors.
About the Conference
As our communities face increasingly complex challenges, CUMU members have been called to action in partnership with the cities they serve. Our members are working across disciplines, sectors, and communities to create equitable, innovative solutions essential to the future health and vitality of our cities.
The 2018 CUMU Annual Conference calls upon each of us—leaders, administrators, faculty, staff, students, and community partners—to reflect on the changing role of our urban and metropolitan serving institutions through an equity lens in academe and in public life.
Presentations will be identified by the following major themes:
- The Anchor Mission
- Population Health
- Education Equity and Student Success
- Segregation and Gentrification
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Innovative Approaches to Economic Development
- Collective Impact Strategies
- Sustaining the Work
- Only presenters at the 2018 Annual Conference in Chicago, IL may submit for publication.
- Submissions should be prepared and submitted in accordance with the MUJ Editorial and Submission Guidelines.
- All presentation formats will be considered for inclusion. Submissions should take into account the outcomes of the presentations.
- Manuscripts should be clear and concise.
- Preference is given to those manuscripts that demonstrate innovation and impact and include perspectives across multiple institutions.
Manuscripts are due November 26, 2018.
Submit complete manuscripts following the MUJ Editorial and Submission Guidelines.