CUMU member institutions represent a diverse range of academic institutions—liberal arts colleges, HBCUs, the Ivy League, regional research institutions. However, each shares a common value—a dedication to the urban mission.
CUMU members share a passion for collaboration and are committed to student success; community and economic development and revitalization; and discovery and innovation. CUMU members:
- Serve as anchor institutions for their regions
- Integrate teaching, research, experiential learning, and public service into their mission
- Activate their mission through community engagement
- Respond to community needs while striving for national excellence
- Utilize mutually beneficial partnerships to accomplish strategic goals
- Provide an educated citizenry and engaged workforce
- Have a diverse student body that reflects regional demographics
- Generate new knowledge and creative activity that benefit their communities
Click the geographic region below to sort members.