Presented by Michele Perez, assistant deputy secretary for field policy management, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
Perez oversees the department’s regional and field offices as they deliver on HUD’s mission to create strong, sustainable, inclusive communities and quality affordable homes for all. Perez has over 25 years of experience in service-driven agencies and was appointed to her current role in February 2021 under the Biden-Harris Administration.
The following topics were discussed during the webinar:
- Overview of HUD’s organizational structure both on a large scale and within Field Policy Management
- How customers view and interact with HUD
- Priorities under the Biden-Harris administration
- Past collaborative examples between HUD and colleges and universities
- Strategies for further collaboration and opportunities for grant funding from HUD