PRESIDENT & CHANCELLOR PROGRAMMING
CUMU offers programming exclusively for presidents and chancellors of CUMU member institutions. These unique opportunities provide an intimate space for presidents and chancellors to learn and converse with leaders in the field about important issues impacting higher education. Sessions strike a balance between hearing from experts and fostering dialogue among presidents and chancellors.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR BOARD?
Our Board of Directors is made up of presidents and chancellors from member institutions. A call for nominations is issued in August and elections are held in October.
Hosted by two national leaders and celebrated former presidents, CUMU executive coaching provides up to three, free coaching sessions to presidents, chancellors, and members of their senior leadership teams from member institutions. All sessions are confidential, hosted virtually, and are designed to address the following challenges:
- board management
- senior team building
- managing difficult reports
- building successful reports
- recruiting and sustaining senior officers
- budget and fiscal challenges
- designing and managing succession planning
- developing and implementing presidential strategic goals
- managing DEI
- student life challenges
- building positive faculty relationships
- managing faculty and campus governance
- ethical and conflict of interest challenges
- managing and preparing for campus emergencies (e.g., hurricanes, tornadoes, student death, active shooter, cyber hack of campus it)
- building successful community partnerships
- managing and leading successful accreditation and strategic planning processes
- solutions for long term institutional positioning and identity
- building successful advancement programs and capital campaigns
- building successful corporate sponsorships
- improving campus climate
Meet the coaches
Richard Guarasci, president emeritus, Wagner College; principal, Presidential Partners LLC
Dr. Guarasci is a national leader in democratic education and civic engagement. He has served as board chair of several national higher associations, namely, Association of American Colleges & Universities, Campus Compact, Coalition of Urban & Metropolitan Universities, and the Association of New American Colleges.
Lily D. McNair, former president, Tuskegee University
Dr. McNair has a 30-year career in higher education. Most recently, she served as the eighth and first female president of Tuskegee University. Prior to this, she was provost and senior vice president for academic affairs at Wagner College, and associate provost for research at Spelman College.