COVID-19 and the resulting economic crisis continues to devastate businesses, nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions, local governments, and in turn, our students and families are struggling. Colleges and universities have programs and initiatives in place to support students, and as a result of the pandemic, their needs are higher than ever. Unfortunately, increased need is being coupled with diminished budgets, so seeking revenue from other sources is necessary. We are seeking presentations that demonstrate success in any of the following areas:
- Are you examining alternative funding sources, and if so, what success have you found? (i.e. leveraging, monetizing or repurposing unused campus buildings)
- Can you share how you have effectively balanced needs of numerous stakeholders simultaneously, including donors, political leaders, trustees, etc.?
- What practices have been successful in furthering the anchor mission on limited budgets?
- How are you creating opportunities for students to effectively advocate on their own behalf at the institutional, community and federal level? Are there specific tools that have been successful in the virtual setting?
- How does your institution plan to navigate or leverage the new presidential administration (and changes on the local and state levels, too)?