CUMU Executive Director Goes to Chicago to Start Planning the 2018 Annual Conference
On Monday, September 18, I had the distinct pleasure of meeting with leaders from across Chicago to learn about the work each of their institutions is conducting in the City of Chicago and hear their thoughts, ideas, and insights for the planning of the 2018 conference. Representatives included leading higher education institutions, foundations, private sector leaders, anchor-based organizations, cultural institutions, and Chicago convening organizations. We had an incredible meeting that generated so many great ideas—the real challenge is ahead, sorting through them!
We started with asking the question of what do you love most about Chicago. I think the answers speak for themselves!
In our discussion, we sought to answer these questions:
- What are major questions/issues we should address during the Chicago 2018 conference?
- What are the key issues/stories/projects/work to highlight that will tell the Chicago story?
- Who might the keynote speaker or thought leaders include?
- What other major efforts are underway around the same time that we can strategically align with the CUMU Conference in 2018?
- What are some ways that your organization can support these ideas during #CUMU2018?
- How can we organize/structure the conference to ensure its transformational for attendees and their institutions?
Although we’re still in the planning stages, #CUMU2018 is shaping up to be an exciting conference. We’ll keep you in the loop as next year’s conference takes shape. Until then, we hope to see you in Denver!
Thanks to our member institutions and partner organizations that participated!