The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities (CUMU) is pleased to announce a new fellowship opportunity for an individual from a CUMU member institution.
CUMU has long focused on the collaboration of urban and metropolitan campuses and their cities, working together to identify, implement, and evaluate innovative strategies to address regional opportunities and challenges. This fellow will lead key initiatives related to measuring and communicating the impact of institutional and/or regional efforts.
About the CUMU Impact Fellow
One CUMU Impact Fellow will be selected for 2024. During the year-long fellowship, the awardee will produce a report on the state of the field and provide leadership on behalf of CUMU membership on various initiatives related to impact, data, and metrics in community engagement and/or regional impact. Prospective fellows should bring their own expertise and experience to bear in order to propose a project that leverages their strengths.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Metrics for tracking a campus’ impact as an anchor institution
- How regional anchor collaborations measure, report, and improve impact
- Community engagement impact: how data is collected, maintained, analyzed, and communicated
- The role of data and analytics in advancing the urban mission in higher education
Expected fellowship activities
- Research and produce a state-of-the-field report on proposed topic
- Lead a CUMU Huddle on the theme of impact
- Serve on the 2024 ALN Action Summit Committee
Funding and support
- An award of $4,000, which consists of $2,000 at the initiation of the project and an additional $2,000 upon submission of the report which should occur no later than November 4, 2024. Funds may be used at the awardee’s discretion.
- Gratis registration to the 2024 CUMU Annual Conference and $1000 towards conference travel.
- Finally, the research fellow will count on planning and consultation support from CUMU and will work closely with CUMU personnel on the Huddle and ALN Action Summit planning
Proposals accepted until January 8, 2024. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the 2024 CUMU Impact Fellow.