About the Conference
The CUMU Annual Conference draws more than 350 attendees. The annual conference is the largest nationwide meeting of leaders from urban and metropolitan based universities and colleges joining together to share best practices, discuss challenges, and develop collaborative networks to improve our institutions and cities. The conference draws a diverse attendance of college presidents and chancellors, senior academic and business leaders, faculty, center directors, community partners, K-12 leaders, and policy makers.
About the Coalition
The Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities was founded in 1989 by leaders of metropolitan and urban universities who realized the unique challenges and opportunities of their types of metropolitan institutions as they looked to the future of higher education. They created the Coalition in recognition of their shared mission to use the power of their campuses in education, research, and service to enhance the communities in which they are located. Institutions located in metropolitan areas often do not fit the common definition of more traditional colleges and universities.
Members of the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities are focused on fully understanding the distinctiveness of their mission. Our institutions serve the diverse needs of our local communities and regions and are anchors for our greater metropolitan regions. CUMU’s membership includes 89 institutions, including 2 international members, 1 university system, and 1 community college.
Among the higher education leaders generally in attendance are:
- Vice Presidents/Chancellors of Academic Affairs
- Vice Presidents/Chancellors of Administration
- Vice Presidents/Chancellors of Technology Systems
- Vice Presidents/Vice Chancellors of Outreach and Engagement
- Vice Presidents/Vice Chancellors of Research
- Vice Presidents/Chancellors of Student Affairs
- Community Partners
- K-12 Education Leaders
- Deans of Education
- Deans of Fine Arts and Communications
- Deans of Lifelong Learning
- Deans of Business
- Directors Enrollment
- Directors of Service-Learning and Community Engagement
- Directors of University and Community Partnerships
- Policy Makers
- Senior Business Affairs Officers
- Senior Government Affairs Officers
- Senior Public Affairs Officers
- Senior Development Officers
- Senior Engagement Officers
- Association Presidents and Executive Directors
Thanks to our sponsors!
We offer sponsorship packages ranging from $15,000 - $1,000. Download our sponsorship prospectus for more information.
INTERESTED IN BECOMING A SPONSOR?
Contact Bobbie Laur
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 410-704-3764
Download our sponsorship prospectus for more information