Each year, CUMU publishes a dedicated conference issue for Metropolitan Universities. The 2016 Conference Issue guest editor is:
- Mary Ann Villarreal
Director of Strategic Initiatives & University Projects—Office of the Chancellor
California State University, Fullerton
In keeping with this year's theme, Charting the Future of Metropolitan Universities, we are particularly interested in submissions that examine the biggest challenges and opportunities facing our institutions and the cities we serve. This issue will feature topics of conversation and ideas for meeting the changing needs of our community and students while providing a path for the future of higher education in metropolitan areas.
Manuscripts can utilize the three approaches of the conference including:
- Thinking Big Dialogue: What keeps you up at night? Articles can focus on pressing issues facing metropolitan universities.
- How-To: What processes worked for you? Articles can focus on process/infrastructure/policy.
- Proven Programs: What are you doing right? Articles can describe case-studies of projects/partnerships/programs that are working at their institution.
- Learn more about how to submit a manuscript and the Metropolitan Universities editorial guidelines here.
Email Mary Ann to express an interest in submitting a manuscript or to inquire with questions (expressing an interest is not required but encouraged)
- Submit your manuscript for consideration (online) by the end of the CUMU Annual Conference on October 26, 2016.